[mythtv-users] Problem to connect to remote backend

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 03:20:28 UTC 2008

On 15/09/2008, Ole Jørgen Legård <ole at legaard.net> wrote:

>  I see the following line when starting mythbackend:
>  2008-09-15 06:27:57.782 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
>  localhost
>
>  Could this mean that somewhere I have not changed from localhost to my IP
>  address, or is this automatically since the database and mythbackend is on
>  the same computer?

Check your frontend for mysql.txt and/or config.xml files (check
/.mythtv/, ~/.mythtv/ and /usr/local/share/mythtv/ amongst others) and
check that the database server IP/DNS name is correct. As you have
shown that you can connect from the frontend's command line to the
remote DB server, you would appear to have sufficient access.

Note that you should not be running MySQL on the remote frontend, as
this complicate things.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: