[mythtv-users] Volume not adjustable in TV mode

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Mon Sep 15 12:56:50 UTC 2008

> But when watching television, volume control has no effect. It seems to
> be stuck at the maximum output is. Up, down, and mute all do nothing.
>
> However, a volume indicator comes up on screen, and moves up and down
> according to the buttons I press.
>
> Any idea how it is that I'm getting a visual response but no actual
> audio control?

I had this exact behavior on a system that I set up. I didn't ever check in
MythVideo, but it definitely behaved this way when watching recorded
programs. I tried choosing different mixer controls in the settings menu but
couldn't ever figure out the correct settings. I posted to the list but
nobody was really able to help me. I would be very interested in finding a
solution to this problem.