[mythtv-users] HEADSUP: LIRC to go into kernel; change is a'comin

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Sep 16 01:58:35 UTC 2008

On 15-Sep-08, at 9:31 PM, Bobby Gill wrote:

> does this basically mean LIRC is automatically running all the time?
> Not a daemon anymore or anything that I need to manually worry
> about, or?

Not exactly. It means you won't have to do a separate build/install of
the lirc drivers after upgrading a kernel. Those drivers will just be
there (assuming the kernel was so configured).

The two daemon processes will still be around and I suspect will
continue to be outside the kernel but I'm not really sure where
they're drawing the line.

- George