[mythtv-users] mythtv tv recording suddenly grainy / ugly

Alan alan at ufies.org
Tue Sep 16 04:01:59 UTC 2008

So I've had mythtv on an amd 2600 and 2G ram and a hauppage pvr-350
running just fine for ages.  I got a loaner new tv (went from a 21" tube
to a 52" plasma).  In theory nothing changed in terms of the hardware or
the connection method from the pvr to the tv.

However now recorded (and live) TV is very ugly and grainy (think really
extreme digital noise or high jpeg compression).  Playing divx movies
show up just fine and nice and sharp.

I haven't changed any settings in the mythbox and I have re-attached the
old TV and it shows up there as well.  I've rebooted, reset all the
cards and ram, but no change.  I've also checked the coax cables and
splitter.  Even going from the wall straight into the PVR has no change
(normally there's a splitter to split from the wall to the TV and the
PVR).  The TV reception of video works just dandy of course.

Any suggestions or thoughts as to what to look at or check?  I've not
see this before and am quite perturbed as to what would be wrong.

TIA
--
Alan <alan at ufies.org> - http://arcterex.net