[mythtv-users] Cable Programmers versus the FCC

Jason Sullivan jason0x21 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 20:56:35 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 3:54 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
> For US (and Canadian) myth users, The Blog of the Legal Times (*BLT*)
> reports on a scrap between cable channel progam providers and the FCC
> regarding carriage rules.... which impact what *we* receive over cable.
>
> http://legaltimes.typepad.com/blt/2008/09/cable-programme.html

It's going to be intriguing to see how IPTV providers respond to this.
 If they play this right, it could be a big boon to them.  I'm
personally hanging out in analog world until TWC forces an upgrade,
and then canceling my subscription and going OTA if I can't get a
straight answer from them about encryption (so, essentially, canceling
my subscription :-) )

I know IPTV providers (like AT&T Uverse) aren't mentioned in the
article, but does anyone know the FCC's standing on that?  Are they
completely exempt (like apparently Satellite providers are, for (I
guess) the sole reason that they simply can't carry local channels)?

--
Jason Sullivan
jason0x21 at gmail.com