[mythtv-users] Cable Programmers versus the FCC

Graham Mitchell gmitch at woodlea.com
Tue Sep 16 21:30:53 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Jason Sullivan
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 4:57 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Cable Programmers versus the FCC

I know IPTV providers (like AT&T Uverse) aren't mentioned in the
article, but does anyone know the FCC's standing on that?  Are they
completely exempt (like apparently Satellite providers are, for (I
guess) the sole reason that they simply can't carry local channels)?

I was wondering about Uverse too (having just switched to them). Does the
'must carry' provisions apply to them? Do they have to provide boxes with
firewire output? Must they supply locals unencrypted? My Uverse service
carries all my locals on both SD and HD.