[mythtv-users] VNC and MythTV

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Tue Sep 16 22:29:43 UTC 2008

Paul schreef op 17-9-2008 0:18:
> I just wanted to check if running VNC to mythtv user would cause any
> performance problems ?
> Note I'm NOT watching frontend via VNC just wanted access to Desktop
> remotely for running other GUI programs.

Only access is ok, even starting watching a recording is ok. Expecting
it to be fluent on VNC will be to optimistic, but the mainscreen that's
watching that recording doesn't have any lag or something like that.

That said, I'm not pushing my system, I pretty much only play
SD-content. In HD it might be different.

Regards,

Jos