[mythtv-users] Apple TV 2.1 running MythFrontend

Michael Brancato mike at mikebrancato.com
Wed Sep 17 04:46:01 UTC 2008

I recently purchased an Apple TV running the Take 2 software 2.1.  There
are tons of guides for installing things on Apple TV 1.x, but few guides
just for 2.x.  I need some help getting MythFrontend working as an
Application on the Apple TV.

I do not want to install a Linux distro on my Apple TV or dual-boot.  I
want both MythTV and the Apple TV features.

Here is where I stand.  I followed the basic guide to install
MythFrontend on my Apple TV. (Awkward TV and MythTV wiki)

I used a patchstick to install SSH.
I installed nitoV 0.5 for application launching
I launch MythFrontend and the language selection screen shows up (with a
bit of overscan)
<stop>

My remote won't work to control MythFrontend so it seems.  I also can't
seem to setup VNC since I don't have the 1.0 recovery image.

Maybe someone on this list will be able to fill in some of the 2.x gaps?
  After following the directions to disable ripstop and the watchdog
timer, I soon realized that was bad because my Apple TV constantly
rebooted after being uup for 5 minutes.

How can I get the remote working? or VNC?

Regards,

--
Mike Brancato, CISSP