[mythtv-users] Random up or down ir signal received on hauppagepvr-150

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Sep 17 17:33:11 UTC 2008

At 9:08 AM -0600 9/17/08, Brian Phillips wrote:
>I know ever since I got my new Sharp LCD television, the IR receiver I own
>(microsoft) goes nuts everytime the TV starts up.

This is a known problem with many LCD TVs and IR receivers. The LCD
backlight is a fluorescent which interferes with normal IR operation.

In the case of my Sony, it only happens during the first 20 seconds
after the TV is turned on, or if I turn on "power save" mode (which
effectively dims the backlight as the room darkens.)

Some people have solved this problem by switching to other IR receivers.