[mythtv-users] Why doesn't timediff() work in Power Search?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Sep 18 02:28:31 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> says:
> > program.title = "Nothing but Trailers"
> > AND (timediff(program.endtime,program.starttime) >= "01:30:00");

> I wonder if your double quotes are messing up the query. Try
> escaping them or using single quotes or some combination of the two.

As it turns out, single quotes (') are needed around the time
differential in order for the query to work within Custom Record/Power
Search. I hadn't realized this because the MySQL Query Browser accepts
either double or single quotes, and Custom Record does accept double
quotes around the name of the program.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array