[mythtv-users] STB Tuner & Channels

gyrlla gyrlla gyrlla22 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 08:43:51 UTC 2008

I'm still new to MythTv, but here's a little bit that I know. I've only
tried Mythdora through a connection between the STB and the Hauppauge tuner
with a coaxial cable. In order to view the channels coming from the STB,
I've had to preset the tuner channel to channel 3 (or 4 depending on your
setup).

There's also a link from the Mythdora Wiki page to a howto install video.

I use the PVR-150 tuner card myself. While this card is excellently
supported in MythTv, I've experienced days of frustration trying to setup
the remote and ir blaster that comes the PVR-150 1045 model. I've made a lot
of progress, but still I'm still not quite there. My suggestion to you is to
at least get a separate ir blaster different from the one Hauppauge
provides. There are many different ir blasters available for purchase, but
the ones I've used successfully are the usb-uirt and the serial ir blaster.

Good luck!