[mythtv-users] hdtv tuner cards with STB

gyrlla gyrlla gyrlla22 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 12:43:02 UTC 2008

I was wondering if the Hauppauge HD PVR is the only tuner device right now
that can record from HD set top boxes (STB). I'm trying to decide whether to
get a HDHomerun, a Hauppauge HVR 1600, or a Hauppauge HD PVR. Right now, I
have a PVR-150 and I want to add one more tuner at least. I may want to have
that second or third tuner be able to get channels from another STB -
haven't decided whether just a local broadcast antenna will be enough. If
the HDHomeRun can connect to a STB (doesn't have to be HD set top box), then
it's probably the one I'll buy. Your inputs and suggestions would be
appreciated. Thanks.