[mythtv-users] Any Blu-Ray success stories?

Norm mlists at dressler.ca
Thu Sep 18 13:04:58 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-08 at 19:10 -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:
> someone wrote:
> >
> > Of course you need to figure out which m2ts or evo file to play-- it's
> > usually the largest one. Sometimes the main feature is split into
> > several and I put them sequentially as args to mplayer (some movies with
> > "seamless branching" are insane like Ratatouille with ~25 files-- search
> > Slysoft forums for sequences).
>
> What we need is something like this utility, to eliminate the need for
> guessing the sequence - apparently this tool does it automatically,
> according to various reports on the net (although the seamless branching
> features are not mentioned in the command line help):
>
> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125966
>
> If eac3to was open source, it would have been easy to port its features
> to any media player. :-/

Compiling from a recent svn of mplayer solved my problem with playback.
Can play the EAC3 without any problems.  The other issue I had was the
resolution - I had to use mplayer options to reduce the resolution so I
could watch it smoothly.

I couldn't get dumpHD to work for my blu-ray stuff. It seemed to not
find the aacs keys even though I had the software available to
automatically find them.  It might be a source key issue but not sure.
I simily used AnyDVD to dump the movie and watching was a piece of cake
after that.

Norm