[mythtv-users] autostart mythmusic+mythgallery?

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Thu Sep 18 17:19:12 UTC 2008

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 22:42:45 +0800, Timothee Groleau wrote
> Hi,
>
> Still progressing with my mythtv setup. I'm using it primarily for mythmusic
> and mythgallery at the moment to turn my LCD TV into a big digital photo
> frame which my 1.5 year old kids love.
>
> So is it possible, and if so how?,  to autostart both mythmusic, as background
> music, and mythgallery in random slideshow mode, on start of mythfrontend? If
> it's not possible to start both, it is possible to start at least one of
> them?

what you can do is start up the frontend and then
send commands to it via the telnet interface all together
in one "run_myth" type script.

once by hand start up the front end, then record the commands
(up/down/enter/exit/etc) you tell it to start up mythmusic
playing something, exit without stopping and then running
mythgallery.  There are 'jump' commands in the telnet
interface to go to these modules as well.

but then you start a script which will take care of
starting myth and running what you want.

could even do that as an init script at boot time.

"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
--
Steve Heistand
steve at heistand.org