[mythtv-users] Consolidate two databases into one

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 21:01:04 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've been living a split life for the last 5 months - in the UK and the US.
A split life required two mythtv setups.  The UK one has been going for a
few years, the US one 5 months.

I'm now settled in the US and would like to consolidate the two myth
backends into one, since both have a fair bit of recorded shows.  Both
backends are running the same version of myth-fixes-0.21, and are set up in
the same way (only one storage group: /data/tv)

Is there a way to copy all the recorded shows from one machine to the other
then insert all the database records relating to recorded shows into that
database?  I realise this is something that needs to be done manually, but
are there any mysql commands that could make it easier?  What tables would I
need to copy?

[I realise this is unauthorised use of myth and I'm likely to get myself in
a world of pain ! ]

Thanks,
Nick