[mythtv-users] Multi-sound recording -Frontend can't switch audio track

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Fri Sep 19 08:16:42 UTC 2008

Hey,

Our local station transmits both original and dubbed audio tracks, and
MythTV dutifully records it so.

When I play it back, pushing 'M' (for Menu), and then selecting audio
tracks gives me a menu of 3 tracks:
    #1 German
    #2 English
    #3 <something about multi-language>  (I can't remember)

But selecting the 2nd audio track does not seem to do anything, the
audio still stays with the original track (#1).  However if I go into
the tracks menu again, I now have another entry same as the one I just
chose.
    #1 German
    #2 English
    #3 English
    #4 <something about multi-language>

It's all a bit weird, does anyone have a solution?

I guess I could hack the channel information so the first audio pid was
the original audio track.

thanks,
MythNoob
(Kingsley)