[mythtv-users] ASUS My Cinema P7131 - Hybrid - LiveTV lousy Image when not on mplayer - double tv image - no sound

"José Tomás @ Chico" jose.tomas at chico.mine.nu
Fri Sep 19 19:52:28 UTC 2008

Hi!

I have ASUS My Cinema P7131 - Hybrid, which I pick among others on near
market since it gave the best Live TV Image, also this card have an
internal audio connector like those smaller for CDRom.

Nevertheless Since Saa713x devices give sound through DMA I have some
difficulties trying not to use the internal audio connector.
Any TV Player get TV signal, but no sound, except mplayer if I submit
configuration parameters on cfg file or cmd line.
Yes, there are procedures for this audio issue
(http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_saa7134) but seems that kernel and
distros path lead to a situation in the last year that on Ubuntu 8.04
they seem no to work.

So, for MythTV this card is an exception among Saa713x on market
regarding card's internal audio output connector, the only way I can
give MythTV Live TV sound.
The second thing is that when trying to watch TV in MythTV I get two TV
screens vertically arranged with very lousy image. I'm able to see the
tags for changing channels, but the channel image itself  is to much
lousy to be understandable.

So I have two issues, the main one is this lousy image doubled, any one
have any clue?
If I get a very good image on any other Live TV application, why so
lousy live TV image?
The second issue, how can I have sound on MythTV like in mplayer?

For my better understandment can any one point me to a doc or
explanation for how MythTV gives Live TV, and what libs/components are used.

Thanks to all you!
Tomás
--
*José Tomás*