[mythtv-users] Lose sound in recordings/Live TV

JS Boyd mythtv at futures.com
Fri Sep 19 22:12:09 UTC 2008

I too have noted this problem with a PVR-500. And it can happen on one
tuner and not the other. I have not found a fix, except a power cycle
ALWAYS fixes it.

S.

James Oltman wrote:
> I have found that after some time (I have no idea how long) the
> PVR-250 and PVR-350 cards in my setup lose the sound in recordings and
> LiveTV.  I can't really see anything bad in the backend logs.  After a
> reboot, the sound comes back.  I would appreciate any help.  This just
> started recently.  I just installed the Deluge bittorrent client and
> have been running it non-stop.  Could this be related to that?  I
> could try not using it for a few days, and see.  Thanks!
>
> Jim

==
Ubuntu Feisty 7.04
MythTV SVN version below
AMD 64 x2 4200+ 65W Energy Efficient Processor
Abit NF-N2 nView Motherboard
NVidia 6150 video VGA/DVI
PVR-500 (Phillips Chipset)
 IVTV 0.10.4
HDHomerun /sys/version 20071120
1GB RAM
2- 500GB Seagate SATA: ST3500641AS
SONY DVD RW AW-G170A
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 16312M
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Library API      : 0.21.20080224-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend using_dbox2 using_directfb using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_opengl_vsync using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live