[mythtv-users] import DVD is not working

Patrick Mansfield patman at aracnet.com
Sat Sep 20 01:15:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 02:52:30PM -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> livna now has a akmod-nvidia package which will automatically rebuild the
> driver after kernel updates. I'm assuming it uses dkms like the freshrpms
> package but haven't tried it yet myself.

Cool, I installed it and it worked fine on my laptop (a Thinkpad T61p,
that I tried tried tried to get with intel but it came with nvidia anyway,
and that has cost me many hours).

I wish it would build the modules during the install rather than on
re-boot, it must be possible to do easily build it before you re-boot.

I'm still trying to figure out how to fix the DVD import problem, it is
mucking up my netflix habit. That is, Qstring message.append("/n") is not
working right.

-- Patrick Mansfield