[mythtv-users] After the "Change"

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Sep 20 01:57:00 UTC 2008

larry krasno wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am currently using MD5 with updates and it is great.
>
> In so far as TV specs are concerned, I am somewhat over my head.
>
> I am one of the few who receive my signal only Over-the-Air (OTA) and I
> want to confirm that I will have to do a "rescan" after next Feb.
>
> I live in the San Francisco bay area and as far as I can tell, from my
> on-line reading, after next Feb, the low UHF(?), i.e. channels 2, 5, 7
> and the high VHF(?), i.e.  65 and 66, will change to something else.

VHF-lo is 2-6, VHF-hi is 7-13, UHF is 14 -->

Technically, VHF frequencies are from 30-300 Mhz., and UHF is 300-3000.

I'd guess that in your area most stations will be transmitting digital
before the switchover, there is nothing to stop them and it would be a
good idea to test things out. As for when they will stop NTSC
transmission, didn't I read here that one market had done it already?

So things may or may not change on D-Day.

beww