[mythtv-users] kernel 2.6.26 and acpi wakeup problem

Drew Gilbert gilbert.drew at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 06:44:11 UTC 2008

Alexander Petkov wrote:
>> Have you tried setting the wakeup time for sometime late the next day or
>> so and just leaving it? I run 2.6.26 (Arch Linux x86_64) and my acpi
>> wakeup _sort of_ works, although it wakes up at the wrong time.
>>

> Hi Drew:
>
> Arch Linux user here as well :)
> As far as setting the time-- I was testing the wakeup with scheduling
> it for the "5 minutes from now" trick as per the wiki. At least now I
> know that acpi is "sort of" working with 2.6.26 and will try to see
> what's going on.
>
> Alex
Hi Alex,

To me, this is really looking like a kernel/acpi bug (possibly Arch
specific, I haven't tried any other distros) as I have tried 2 different
systems, 1 x86_32 (Via chipset), 1 x86_64 (nvidia chipset), both have
the same problem of waking up at midnight if the time is set for the
next day when using 2.6.26, both work fine with 2.6.25.

Drew