[mythtv-users] Interesting LCD Display

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Sun Sep 21 18:23:46 UTC 2008

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 14/09/2008, Bob Wiegand <bob_ml at stuffofmine.com> wrote:
>> A 4 line by 20 character display that attaches by USB.
>>
>>  http://www.mini-box.com/PicoLCD-4X20-Sideshow
>>
>>  I wonder if it can be made to work with Myth?
>
> They're providing LCDproc drivers, so it should do.

[Sorry for not picking the last post in this thread, but this discussion
is diverging in several directions.]

Staying w/Bob's original post about the PicoLCD (self contained USB 4
line LCD text display w/IR receiver and buttons for ~$50):

Has anyone gotten this to work under Linux w/MythTV.  Specifically the
IR receiver?  I see where mini-box.com provides a Linux LCDProc driver:
> http://resources.mini-box.com/online/picolcd/4x20/lcdproc-bin-picolcd-20x4-0.5.2-cvs.tgz

...but does that include any IR remote support.  Or should I be looking
to LIRC for that.  Which begs the question if LIRC and this IR remote
receiver are compatible?

...thanks