[mythtv-users] Which table?

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Sun Sep 21 19:01:10 UTC 2008

Michael Sullivan wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 12:53 -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:

>>> I can think of two things that could cause the above:
>>>
>>> 1. You're looking at the wrong database (e.g. not on the master backend)
>>>
>>> 2. You haven't scheduled any recordings
>>>
>>> HTH, Jan
>> I'm looking at mythconverg on the only machine I have with a TV card and
>> mythbackend.  Mythbackend is indeed running:
>>
>> michael at camille OldStuff $ ps ax | grep mythbackend
>> 14855 ?        Sl     5:45 mythbackend
>> 25902 pts/3    R+     0:00 grep --colour=auto mythbackend
>>

>> And I have several recording scheduled:
>>
>> >From http://127.0.0.1:6544/xml
>>

>>   Sarah and Derek are put to the test after Cromartie kidnaps Charley's
>> wife; John is in a sticky situation of his own when he finds himself
>> caught between Cameron and Riley.
>>

>>   Aided by Tinker Bell (Julia Roberts), a corporate lawyer (Robin
>> Williams) turns into Peter Pan to rescue his children from Captain Hook
>> (Dustin Hoffman).
>>

>>   Awaking from a coma, an assassin (Uma Thurman) seeks vengeance against
>> her former boss and his ruthless gang (Lucy Liu, Vivica A. Fox).
>>

>>   Brian tries to take it slow when he meets the girl of his dreams, but
>> when Cleveland sweeps her off her feet, Brian vows to do whatever it
>> takes to win her back.
>>

>>   Your subscription expires on 06/20/09 15:37:25
>>

>> I guess xml doesn't copy correctly, but the top episode description on
>> the list has airdate=2008-09-22
>>

> Should I downgrade to 0.20 if I can?  Would that help?  I apologize for
> not replying directly to the post that said the problem was my version.
> I keep going between my desktop and my laptop and I just found out that
> messages I send from the laptop don't go through because of some
> config /security issue in my mail server.  I'd already deleted the email
> that said that I needed to find someone with 0.20 installed.  I'm a
> little confused as to why this would help, as I have 0.21 installed, but
> at this point I'm not in a significantly-educated position to dispute
> it...

Well I'm confused!

Your other post said:

 > michael at camille OldStuff $ sudo emerge -pv mythtv
 > >
 > > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
 > >
 > > Calculating dependencies... done!
 > > [ebuild   R   ] media-tv/mythtv-0.20.2_p15634  USE="alsa debug* dvb dvd
 > > ivtv jack joystick lirc mmx opengl perl vorbis (-altivec) -autostart
 > > -backendonly -crciprec -dbox2 -directv -dts -freebox -frontendonly
 > > -hdhomerun -ieee1394 -lcd -xvmc" VIDEO_CARDS="i810 via -nvidia" 0 kB
 > >
 > > Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
 > >
 > > What version are you guys using?

That reads as you are running mythtv 0.20.2 to me.  I'm running
"media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p17722" (0.21)

So _maybe_ and this is just a guess, those fields in that table are not
used in 0.20 (your version) and of the two people who have also run the
query (me and Owen) at least one of us is running a different version of
Myth (me, 0.21) and probably Owen is running 0.21 as well?

So to work if they query is wrong for 0.20 you really need someone else
with the same version as you (0.20) to run that query and see if it
returns similar results.

Robert.