[mythtv-users] [mythtv] Best quality SD TV picture from DVB-T source

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Sep 22 08:46:37 UTC 2008

Maatt wrote:
>> This isn't a -dev question, so if you want to carry on the discussion,
>> please bring it over to the -users list. The "devs" do read the -users
>> list, so may help with your quest :)
>>

> Yes that's right move it to the users list.
>
> But one more thing. The TV out encoders on video cards have a 'flicker
> filter', which I think is a type of blend deinterlacer. If your
> problem is picture 'bluriness' then turning the flicker filter off
> will give you a much better quality picture.

Ooo, that could be it. How do I turn it off. I've just googled and
found that xbv can do it, but that seems to be XBOX specific. In
my case, I have a Jetway board with a CN700 and VT1622A

> I guess you should describe the type of quality issues you are
having.  :)

Two fold: Colours are slightly weaker and the image is slightly softer
than with my DVRs. If I knew it was all down to the use of S-Video
then I could try another ITX board that has component out, but if that
still left me with a soft image, those boards don't then give the option
of VGA => RGB (dot clock wont go low enough, and they can't output
interlaced via VGA).

Cheers,
	Paul.