[mythtv-users] Mutltiple tuners

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Mon Sep 22 18:10:37 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

To dive right into my mythtv problem: I have 3 DVB-S2 tuners:

Tuner 1: Astra 1,2,3 & hotbird 13
Tuner 2: Astra 1
Tuner 3: Astra 2, 3 & hotbird 13

I also have 4 sources set up, and have linked them all. (So the two
Astra 1 LNBs are linked to the one Astra 1 video source.)

That IS how it must be done, right?

Because, when I start recording something on Astra 2 my LiveTV gets
switched to that channel. I then can not normally change a channel any
more. I have to manually choose which source I want to watch.

Is there something wrong in my set up?
Do I have to scan a new tuner after I have added it? (For example I
added the third tuner, do I have to rescan its inputs before it'll work,
or will mythtv automatically use the data in the channels table?)

--

/Met vriendelijke groeten,/

*Jelle De Loecker*
Kipdola Studios - Tomberg