[mythtv-users] USB->Serial for controlling DirecTV boxes

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Sep 22 22:29:16 UTC 2008

Does anyone know where to get older supported USB->Serial converters?
I've bought several over the past couple of weeks. Apparently, the
newer pl2303X ones don't work on the DirecTV boxes where the older
pl2303 ones do. There's no way to tell which chip you have until you
plug it in and I've already wasted a bunch of money on different ones
that the wiki say will work including identical ones that I currently
have working.

Thanks,

Brad