[mythtv-users] How to re-enable disconnected encoders on slave backend

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Mon Sep 22 23:21:40 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 03:33:01PM -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Delete all your capture cards by running mythtv-setup on the master backend
> and choose the "Delete all capture cards" option.  Then configure your
> backend capture cards as before.  Then run mythtv-setup on the slave, make
> sure you have the new IP address recorded so that it connects to the master
> and then add the new capture cards on the slave

Indeed, I forgot to add that I did actually delete the capture cards on the
slave and recreated them. This didn't seem to help.
I can try the 'all capture cards' but I'd really want to do this as a last
resort only as it'll take me a while to rebuild my custom configuration for
my firewire and hdhomerun setup that were quite had to get working right.

I changed the IP in mysql already (looked for the old one in all tables, it
was only in the settings table IIRC), so shouldn't that take care of the
problem?

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 03:34:45PM -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> > How do I debug further from there?
> >
> > This problem may actually be the same one that is preventing my master
> > backend from seeing encoders on my slave backend...
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> See my previous message about re-doing your capture cards.  My guess is that
> your slave isn't talking to the master on the correct IP (it is defined by
> IP address) and so it isn't connected to Myth does not see it as available.

Just to make sure, the slave can only get its settings from the mysql server
on my master backend, so if the old IP of my backend has been fixed in all
mythconverg tables in mysql, this shouldn't happen, right?

Is there some other place that I should have looked at/fixed?

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/