[mythtv-users] Which table?

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 18:24:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Michael Sullivan
> <michael at espersunited.com> wrote:

>> > I'm sorry to burst you guys' bubble, but there is no table you can
>> > query to get the current recording schedule.  That information is only
>> > kept in memory on the master backend and you need to use the Myth
>> > protocol QUERY_GETALLPENDING command to retrieve it.  If you'd like to
>> > have a simple table that could be queried, work up a patch and we'll
>> > consider adding it.
>> >
>> > David
>>
>> So what exactly is the database with its ten million tables used for?
>
> Building the schedule?
> Kevin

The recordmatch table contains all of the upcoming programs that match
your recording rules with duplicate status and a few other things.  It
doesn't actually let you know if it will be recorded or not.  it's the
same list that is in upcoming recordings list when all the options are
on.  Of course, it would be very complicated to figure out what would
actually be recorded from this list.

--
It was supposed to be so Easy.