[mythtv-users] mythtv audio stuttering on 720p material after upgrade to Fedora 9

Deyan mythtv at bektchiev.net
Tue Sep 23 21:44:13 UTC 2008

I'm also getting the same on Fedora 9 and also with only 720p recordings.

I think that it's due to my soundcard since I get a lot of buffer
underrun and overrun messages when I play 720p shows. I've checked the
extra audio bufferriing option and it helps somewhat but it's still
unwatchable.

This is on a Lenovo T61 laptop with the following built-in audio card:
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio
Controller (rev 03)

I've disabled PulseAudio without any effect.

What I'm thinking now is that it may be some bug in the audio card
driver or in how Myth interacts with it.

--dejan