[mythtv-users] mythtv audio stuttering on 720p material after upgrade to Fedora 9

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Tue Sep 23 22:07:10 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 23 September 2008 15:44, Deyan wrote:
> I'm also getting the same on Fedora 9 and also with only 720p recordings.
>
> I think that it's due to my soundcard since I get a lot of buffer
> underrun and overrun messages when I play 720p shows. I've checked the
> extra audio bufferriing option and it helps somewhat but it's still
> unwatchable.
>
> This is on a Lenovo T61 laptop with the following built-in audio card:
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio
> Controller (rev 03)
>
> I've disabled PulseAudio without any effect.
>
> What I'm thinking now is that it may be some bug in the audio card
> driver or in how Myth interacts with it.
>
> --dejan

I am curious to know - I've seen many references to stuttering and wondering
if that's what I have sometimes. For me it's more of a chirping as people
speak, like the sound signal is partly mashed or clipped. The video signal is
OK. It seems to happen more during football games when the colour guy uses
the telestrator, but even happens on shows from PBS. I only have SD over
cable, through my PVR-550. It's not from CPU saturation - I'm never over 40%
on playback. I have audio buffering stuff turned on in Myth. I optimize my
database weekly. I have Google but nothing definitive.