[mythtv-users] mythtv audio stuttering on 720p material after upgrade to Fedora 9

Don Lewis dl-mythtv at catspoiler.org
Tue Sep 23 23:49:55 UTC 2008

On 23 Sep, Deyan wrote:
> I'm also getting the same on Fedora 9 and also with only 720p recordings.

Interesting ...

> I think that it's due to my soundcard since I get a lot of buffer
> underrun and overrun messages when I play 720p shows. I've checked the
> extra audio bufferriing option and it helps somewhat but it's still
> unwatchable.
>
> This is on a Lenovo T61 laptop with the following built-in audio card:
> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio
> Controller (rev 03)
>
> I've disabled PulseAudio without any effect.
>
> What I'm thinking now is that it may be some bug in the audio card
> driver or in how Myth interacts with it.

I'm pretty sure that it isn't a hardware problem in my case because it
was working fine when I had Fedora 7 and an earlier version of MythTV
0.21+fixes installed.

I will admit that this is the only item on the Prebuffering pause wiki
page
<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Troubleshooting:Prebuffering_pause>
that I can't 100% eliminate.  Not only don't I have another sound card
to try, but the motherboard that I'm using only has two PCI slots, both
of which are occupied.