[mythtv-users] Help with picking motherboard

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 13:18:46 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Owen Townend <owen.townend at gmail.com>wrote:

> The tearing/garbling is annoying, it occurs when changing between
> channels of different resolutions.
> Escaping back to the menu and going back to the TV fixes it... but it
> shouldn't be happening!

The tearing is even worse than that.  (I personally could live with problems
that only show up during live TV.)  When watching a scene with the right
kind of horizontal panning, you can see a band of tearing about 20 pixels
high, which slowly moves down the screen, taking about 4 seconds to go from
top to bottom before repeating.  Very disturbing once you start noticing
it!  I never saw this again after putting in an nvidia card.  Hopefully the
ATI HD3200 Linux driver will catch up soon.

Jim