[mythtv-users] Cable Card

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 22:50:29 UTC 2008

> Not in the US, but find it very unlikely that it will be open enough
> (or at all) to allow MythTV to support it.
>
> --
> Nick Morrott
>
> MythTV Official wiki:
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/
>
> "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin
> Franklin

At this point pry not..but maybe one day!  At least now you can purchase one
non-OEM.

What we need now is:
More vendors = lower price
lower price = more user adaptation
more users = higher demand for linux
higher demand = a company supplying drivers or reverse engineered.

As far as time line who knows...but I think it will happen on day. The DRM
is starting to be pulled from music and one day hopefully video will follow
the same path.  Once companies start realizing that the DRM is really only
limiting law abiding citizens and not the pirates.

Mitchell