[mythtv-users] [mythtv] Best quality SD TV picture from DVB-T source

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Sep 25 14:07:47 UTC 2008

Jacob Lauritzen wrote:
> Since you already mention the interlace_test video, you might already
> know about this page:
> http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/unichromeTvOut.html
>
> It helped me obtain excellent playback quality on my Epia ME6000 board
> with my CRT TV.
> I used bob deint and never saw any problems with the syncing.

For some reason bobdeint is giving me problems. If I enable it while
using xvmc, I go from perfectly smooth playback to just a few frames
a second. If I use bobdeint with xvmc-vld then I get better playback
but still with a lot of hiccups. It's like my system can only just
manage playback, and bobdeint puts it over the edge, yet so I'm told
it's done in hardware. I don't really know how to track it down.

Also, in theory, bobdeint shouldn't cure the sync problem. I have a
thread in dev going about that.

> I say "used" because the CRT TV broke and now I have an LCD TV. And
> since I still have the ME6000, output now looks awful. I am in the
> process of using an AppleTV as frontend, but that's a completely
> different story...

That's interesting. In what way is the ME6000 lacking in ability
to give good VGA output?

Cheers,
	Paul.