[mythtv-users] Dual screen set up with Zalman HD160XT Plus

Simon Dunstone simon.dunstone at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 01:19:51 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I'm setting up a MythTV box for a family member using a Zalman HD160XT Plus
case which has a built-in 7" Touch Screen LCD the box will also be hooked up
to a HD panel of some description and I'm after some ideas on how to best
use the dual screen setup.

Has anyone else got a setup like this? What do you use the second screen
for? I thought it would be ideal for scheduling programs/running MythMusic
or MythPhone while the main TV is off but I'm not really sure how to
configure the system to work in this way.

Ideally I'd like to be able to run a modified version of the MythTV frontend
on the second screen that allowed access to all the scheduling/web/music but
didn't have the TV/video options on it (they are only useful on the main
TV). Is a setup like this possible?

I don't mind getting my hands dirty but am at a bit of a loss as to where to
start playing with this. Up until now I've only setup MythTV boxes on a
single screen.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Regards,
Simon