[mythtv-users] UK scheduling problem (news in the middle)

Edmund edmund.1 at dial.pipex.com
Sat Sep 27 18:32:47 UTC 2008

In the UK it is quite common for a programme to start in the evening and
then stop halfway through. Prime time nightly news is then broadcast and
then previous programme concludes after the news.

It is scheduled this way. It is particularly common with films broadcast
on ITV1 and Five.

My myth settings are such that only the first part is being recorded.
Clearly if I spot such a situation I can manually record both parts.

Has anyone else come up with a solution for this?