[mythtv-users] reinitialize TV cards without rebooting?

Marc Chamberlin marc at marcchamberlin.com
Mon Sep 29 04:33:01 UTC 2008

Hello -  I am running a Myth TV system with 2 TV cards, an Hauppauge PVR
350 and an ATI TV-Wonder. Often, when I boot up my system only one of
the two cards seems to get initialized right so that Myth TV recognizes
it. (Most of the time both cards are recognized) I am wondering, is
there any easy way to reinitialize the card that failed, without having
to reboot the system? It is rather annoying sometimes to have to wait
through 1 or 2 or 3 reboot cycles in order to get the card to come back...

Am running this on a SuSE 11.0 system.  I have tried  restarting the
backend but that did not work....

    Marc...