[mythtv-users] Internal player, plays to fast

Rafael Moslin rafmoslin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 13:54:11 UTC 2008

The interesting thing here is that live TV runs at "fast forwarding" speed,
which surely means that you are displaying pictures quicker than the
broadcaster is sending the stream! Is it more like multiple frames are being
missed so that it jumps and looks like it's running too fast? Try quitting
the front end if running and launch mythfrontend -v playback in a console
window and see what you get back, buffering pauses and the like might show
up.You might have already tried all of this but just in case...