[mythtv-users] UK scheduling problem (news in the middle)

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Sep 29 14:31:31 UTC 2008

Edmund wrote:
> Thanks for the information. Interesting to know that it is an
> international problem. I agree that ITV1 is the main culprit, but I am
> used to them and so I haven't been caught out by it. I have just been
> caught out by five.
>
> Please don't do any work on this on my account - if others think it is
> worthwhile then by all means... I was just making sure I hadn't missed
> an option somewhere.

ITV1 is the main culprit, but I have also seen it on Channel 4 and on Five, and
even on occasions on BBC1, if it is a fairly long film.

In my view Five is the worst, since they stick 5-minute news, sport and/or
weather in (plus ad break!) without any mention in the scheduling. I've even
seen film-review shorties, which tends to blow one's brains out when one's
trying to follow the plot of a film!

--

Mike Perkins