[mythtv-users] rookie mythtv prospective user

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Mon Sep 29 17:30:56 UTC 2008

Make sure you have a working network connection. Even if you have the
frontend and backend on the same machine, the frontend will complain and
bring up the screens you described if it can't reach the backend over the
network. If your network is funning fine, then you will want to check and
make sure things got done properly with mythtv setup. Make sure the settings
for the backend ip address and the mysql settings are right. There is info
on checking these things on the mythtv wiki.