[mythtv-users] Linux mythtv ups?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Sep 30 03:20:10 UTC 2008

On Sep 29, 2008, at 8:03 PM, robbinsck1 at gmail.com wrote:

> Can anyone here recommend a good ups with serial/usb controlled
> shutdown capabilities for backend? I lost everything once in a power
> failure, taking 6 hours to restore....UGgggh!!

I've always used APC UPS's. They're a little more expensive, but the
open source driver works well in linux and the batteries on the
expensive ones last a long time. I had one that I paid $150 for, but I
keep replacing the battery about once a year. The one I paid $500 for
has been going strong for 2 1/2 years. In the long run, I think it's
going to be cheaper.