[mythtv-users] Thumbnails not generated for mythweb

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 18:33:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 8:44 PM, kanetse at gmail.com <kane.tse at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, I've fixed my groups storage config.  Even though new recordings
> were going into my mythtv/store folder, my 'Default' group was
> mysteriously blank.  I've since corrected that, restarted mythbackend
> and httpd.  Still no new thumbnails are being generated?

Found the problem.  I guess it (mythweb?) won't generate thumbnails
for recordings made on a different machine.  Since I was changing
machines, I had changed the hostname of my master backend, so only the
recordings made on the new master backend had non-zero-byte thumbnails
generated.

For future reference, here is the SQL command I issued:

UPDATE recorded
SET hostname = 'newservername.domain.com'
WHERE starttime < 'date-of-move'

So in my case, my first recording was made on the new server on
2008-08-29, so all recordings prior to that had the old server name.
Thus, my date-of-move was 2008-08-29 in my SQL query.

Hope that helps anyone else.