[mythtv-users] Server/adding new card dilemma, HD/hardware questions

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Sep 30 22:06:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, September 30, 2008 3:00 pm, Bobby Gill wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 5:43 PM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Why not add an HD Homerun.  It's network attached so it requires no
>> slots,
>> is a dual tuner device (a little more $ but you've got double the
>> power).
>>
>> Kevin

> Thanks for the suggestion Kevin. I just checked its page on Myth's site (
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Silicondust_HDHomeRun#North_America_Digital_Antenna)
> and I'm guessing it cannot record regular analog TV (which we still have
> and
> very well may only have until Dec/Jan)??
>
> Bob

Well, yes.  But even now most analog is echoed on the SD multiplex.  In my
area, digital gets me what I need.  Maybe with cable it's different but I
would suspect that getting an analog tuner set up and running will only
give you a few weeks of use at best.

--Yan

--
  o__

As long as nobody gets hurt, a decent explosion livens up any experiment.