[mythtv-users] Syncing to VBlank + Yadif(2x) = cpu at 100%

Cory H coryhoneyman at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 1 22:17:00 UTC 2009

> I've seen this 100% issue happening when using Xv and that screen rate
> match exactly the framerate ; you then see X using 100% of the CPU
> time ; that's a nvidia bugs supposed to be helped with "UseEvents"
> "True", in the device configuration.
> This didn't work for me however and I fixed it using OpenGL renderer
> instead of Xv.
>
> You didn't state BTW what's using 100% of the CPU time, I would assume it's X.
>
> However, why don't you use VDPAU on your system (it supports it)? IMO,
> the VDPAU deinterlacers (Advanced or Temportal) gives much better
> result than even Yadif.

Yes, sorry, its xorg thats using very high cpu.

I would need to go to 0.22 to get VDPAU (right?), and I need a nice stable mythtv box (high WAF), so I will wait to upgrade. I can't wait though. I am looking forward to using VDPAU, as well as the new UI.

I will give the OpenGL renderer a try, and see how that works. Thanks