[mythtv-users] Samsung PS50A550 and Asus M3N78-VM HDMI Sound (Debian MythtTV)

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 00:05:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 3:06 PM, John Andrunas <john at andrunas.net> wrote:
> You likely need to update ALSA I believe 1.0.19 is the first version
> that supported audio over HDMI for Nvidia, I have Asus M3-N78-Pro and
> that is what I had to do.

since HDMI is showing up on your aplay -l, I'm actually assuming OP is
running alsa 1.0.19 (as that wouldn't show up on my machine
otherwise).  Check out Allen's Digital Audio Howto

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/AllensDigitalAudioHowto

I'm running that same mobo, and I got it to work following Allen's
instructions (although I had to update to version 907 of the BIOS)
--
doug