[mythtv-users] ATSC tuner recommendation?

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Thu Apr 2 14:13:32 UTC 2009

Timothy E. Krantz wrote:
> [...]

Thanks Tim for pointing that out.  However, AMD's/ATI's naming
convention leaves a *lot* to be desired.  In the end everyone appears to
refer to this set of cards as "ATI Wonder" cards.  Some here (I assume)
say they work - yet the mythtv.org/wiki says they don't:

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Video_capture_card#Cards_that_don.27t_work

Or, at the very least, described a complex approach to allowing tuning
of ATI cards.  Is there some place where the information is more
specific to the different cards, accurate or up-to-date?

The HDHR might be the mythtv turn key solution for ATSC tuners, but it
is hard to ignore this price point.

...thanks