[mythtv-users] Mythvideo paths

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 2 15:24:48 UTC 2009

----- "Matt Nelson" <matt at frozenatom.com> wrote:

> I currently export a NFS share for my mythfrontends as one mount,
> "videos"
>
> So in my frontends I currently put the following for the mythvideo
> paths:
>
> /mnt/videos
>
> Using listview this leaves the directory structure as:
>
> --> video root
>     --> videos
>         -->Cartoons
>             --> aaa.avi
>             --> bbb.avi
>         --> Television
>             --> ccc.avi
>             --> ddd.avi
>
> My Question:
> Can anyone help me to get rid of the "videos" container in mythvideo?
>
> I tried: /mnt/videos/* but that did not work.

Hi Matt,

The way I handle this is I mount the NFS share somewhere like /mnt/Share and then I set the path for Videos to
/mnt/videos which has symlinks to the video directories (ie: /mnt/Share/family is symlinked to /mnt/videos/family).  I don't have the videos level directory this way (added bonus, I can move folders around without having to rebuild the database -- just symlink it to the new location)

Nasa