[mythtv-users] Nova-RD-500 Tuning issues
tom at tomfotherby.com
Thu Apr 2 21:32:13 UTC 2009
I need your help. I have just bought a brand new Nova-TD-500 card and have
found the signal strength (and therefore picture quality) to be
unexplainably low when watching live TV. There are significant image
artifacts and glitches. Does anyone have a list of steps to debug this
problem. This is what I've tried so far:
1) Plugged co-axial cable directly into TV (i.e. not via MythTV) -> Get good
picture therefore no problem with cable.
2) Tried a antennae signal booster -> No luck.
3) Tried DVB in Kaffeine and Xine as well a MythTV -> All give bad TV image.
4) Tried pugging the co-axial cable into socket 1 then socket 2 then socket
1 and 2 (this card has two inputs for some reason) - My TV signal strength
doesn't get over about 56% and I get different results depending on what
socket I plug the coaxial cable into. If I plug it into the bottom input
(the one closest to the IR port) I seem to get a slightly better signal on
one tuner but ZERO-SIGNAL on the other but if I plug it into the top input I
get equally poor signal on both tuners.
5) Looked at whether DMA is on -> Yes, I'm using a SATA HDD.
6) Experimented with the "force_lna_activation" and "buggy_sfn_workaround"
module options -> No luck.
7) Compiled with VDPAU and checked CPU usage with "top" -> CPU usage is <5%
so no performance bottleneck.
If I can't think of anything else I'm going to take the Nova-T card back to
the shop as faulty?
P.S. My hardware is a ASUS P5N7A-VM motherboard (with a onboard nvidia GF
9300) with a 3GHz dual-core CPU and 2GB of RAM. Nova-TD-500 PCI tuner card.
Display: Panasonic Viera TX-26LXD6A LCD TV.
--"I can't tune my MythTV but I can tuna fish."
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users