[mythtv-users] CBS HD content suddenly doesn't play

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Fri Apr 3 00:04:58 UTC 2009

Matthew Zimmerman wrote:
> I've been having the same errors with CBS shows.  Not using xvmc in
> the frontend plays them fine (with some skipping, not enough power!).
> I've been transcoding them and then they'll play just fine.  If anyone
> working on this issue wants specific output, just let me know and I'll
> record another CBS show ;)

Whatever the underlying issue is here, it just started biting me, too.
Only on CBS recordings. I haven't found any other recordings exhibiting
this behaviour. Like Matt, if I seek out the file on disk and play it in
xine, it runs fine. If I select a playback profile that doesn't include
XvMC, my machine desperately tries to play the file but just can't keep
up. If I have a profile that contains XvMC, I get nothing back a black
screen... if running mythfrontend from a console window, I get the...

2009-04-02 19:41:58.613 AFD Error: Unknown decoding
error
2009-04-02 19:41:58.615 [mpegvideo_xvmc @ 0x51c69e0]get_buffer() failed
(1 1073741824 2 (nil))

...errors over and over again. I'm really hoping for a solution to this
as while I don't watch a lot of CBS shows, I watch enough that it's
effecting me.

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us

This message is digitally signed with GnuPG using the Enigmail Thunderbird plugin.
My public key: http://jacob.steenhagen.us/gpgkey.asc (91DE47A9)