[mythtv-users] MythTv 0.21 with fixes from Jean-Yves + PVR-500 + VDPAU => frame corruption.

Erik Umans erik.umans at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 10:32:18 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have MythTV 0.21+fixes running on Ubuntu 8.10 (32bit) using VDPAU 180.41
with PVR-500 (PAL) and Freecom USB DVB-T.
The hardware is a Intel Pentium DualCore 2.6GHz E5300, 1GB Ram, GeForce 9500
GT.
Wathing LiveTv or recorded material using the PVR-500 results in corrupted
video frames. Using DVB-T everything is fine.
The effect is that some part of the video frame is put at the wrong position
and some part is not being updated.
The same effect when using 'mplayer /dev/video0'.
I tried updating the PVR-500 firmware and using the ivtv options
enc_mpg_buffers=16 and enc_vbi_buffers=8.
I discovered that the problem might be a synchronization problem.

The corrupted video frames appear mostly when subtitles are present. In
between the subtitles, the corruption is less.

Is this configuration supposed to work?
What can I try to get rid of the corrupted video frames?
What information do I have to provide to find the problem?
Kind regards.
A beginner Myth-user.

PS: Thanks to all the contributors of the MythTV project for making this
great piece of software.